The Livestrong LS8.0T is an advanced treadmill at a great price that will enable you to get great workouts from the comfort of your home. It comes with features you normally see on commercial treadmills and has a good warranty. The user capacity is 325 lbs so the unit is solidly built and will stand the test of time.
- Long and wide cushioned running surface is easy on the joints and lower back
- 9 workout programs including manual provide a variety of testing runs for different fitness goals
- High speed and incline so users of all fitnesss levels can get a good run
- Workout fan and in built entertainment system with speakers and ipod and mp3 connectivity
Livestrong LS8.0T Treadmill
Click here for more info
Livestrong LS8.0T Treadmill Review
The Livestrong brand is the brainchild of Lance Armstrong the famous cyclist. He survived cancer and still won the famous Tour de France cycle race multiple times. He formed the Livestrong foundation to help others fight cancer as he did. Livestrong Fitness is the fitness equipment off shoot of Livestrong and is made by one of the leading fitness equipment manufacturers. A donation is made when a piece of equipment is sold including this Livestrong LS8.0T treadmill.
The treadmill has a maximum speed of 12 mph which is faster than you’ll need. High spec treadmills usually only go this speed at maximum and when you consider jogging is around 6 mph them 12 mph is more than enough. The incline goes to 12% so those who like weight loss hill walking are catered for as well as those who like tough uphill runs. All these settings are easily controlled from the console.
There are 9 workout programs. These are manual, two weight loss, two power walk, two walk/run and two incline. The manual as it’s name suggests is where you control the settings yourself. This is the one you’ll probably use the most. If you have a particular fitness goal or feel like some variety of challenge in your workouts then another program may be suitable. The weight loss programs are designed to burn the maximum amount of calories while the power walk will tone your legs. The Walk/run programs are great for beginners and the inclines will provide a different challenge.
The treadmill has various ways of measuring your performance. The console will show you readouts like calories burned, speed and more. The heart rate control grips will tell you how your heart is performing. This will get lower as your fitness improves following a regular routine. There is a LiveTrack Fitness Journal. This allows you to compare your last, average and lifetime workouts. You can also view weekly totals and lifetime totals. This is great for some motivation and to see how you’re progressing.
The little luxuries are why we think this treadmill has features you’ll find in commercial treadmills and you’ll like these. There is a workout fan that will blow a much needed cool breeze on you as you run. The built in sound system with speakers will play your favorite running music if you plug in your ipod or compatible mp3 player. Combine all this with the warranties including lifetime on the motor and this gives you an impressive treadmill that is built to please and that is the Livestrong LS8.0T.
- Speed Range: 0-12 MPH
- Incline Range: 0-12%
- Running Area: Spacious 20″ x 55″ deck
- Motor: 2.5 CHP
- Program #: 9 training programs
- Frame: Heavy-duty, folding frame
- Heart Rate: Contact grips
- Cushioning: MaxComfort™ adjustable cushioning
- Fan: CoolFit™ fitness fan
- Entertainment: LIVETRACK Interactive™ technology
- Speakers: Yes with MP3/iPod™compatibility
- Assembled Weight: 187 lbs
- Boxed Dimensions: 73″L X 30″W X 12″H
- Workout Tracking: LIVETRACK™ Fitness Journal
- Model: Livestrong LS8.0T Treadmill
- Dimensions: L 70″ x W 36″ x H 60″
- Maximum User Weight: 325 lbs
- Lifetime: Motor & Frame
- 2 Years: Parts
- 1 Year: Labor