The Epic EL 2980 is an advanced elliptical with a total of 24 workout programs which can help a variety of fitness aims and maintain motivation. It even has a built in fitness journal so you can track your progress over a period of time. The machine is sturdily built with a good warranty.
- 20 personal trainer workouts including aerobic, weight loss and performance programs plus 4 heart rate programs
- In built sound system to use with an ipod or other mp3 device.
- Fan built into the console blows a cooling breeze as you workout
- Strong machine with a user capacity of 350 lbs
Epic EL 2980 Elliptical Review
This is Epic’s highest range elliptical, it has the most features that any other elliptical they make, has the highest user capacity and the longest warranty. In many ways it’s like commercial ellipticals find in fitness centers and gyms. Only high end ellipticals have guiding rails strengthening the machine ensuring a smooth stride. It’s heavy duty and made of steel.
The resistance is delivered to the flywheel magnetically which means you get a smooth frictionless ride. Any changes to the levels are smooth and predictable so you get a safe ride and are controlled electronically at the push of a button. The low levels are ideal for beginners or long duration rides while the high levels provide a tough challenge for brief muscle strengthening workouts.
The Epic EL 2980 comes with a fantastic range of workout programs. These are great if you have particular fitness aims because they’re designed to give different fitness results. They’re divided into aerobic, weight loss and performance to give you maximum results in each of those areas depending on which you’ve chosen. They make a great addition for some variety in a workout.
There are also 4 heart rate programs. These are used with the built in heart rate sensors in each handlebar. As you workout the resistance level adjusts to keep your heart rate at the optimum rate to achieve fitness benefits. This is a very advanced and effective way of exercising. Previously only athletes used this method but it’s becoming popular in gyms and home fitness too.
Combines with these workout features you have the little luxuries too like the inbuilt sound system, you just plug in your ipod or equivalent and your music comes out of the speakers. If you get hot you can turn on the cooling workout fan to give you a cool breeze as you ride. Overall the Epic EL 2980 is a great machine that will make a fantastic addition to the home for those wanting to achieve their fitness goals.
- Workout Programs: 20 Personal Trainer Workouts
- Heart Rate Monitor: BodyPulse™
- iFit® Fitness Journal: Yes
- Sound System: Compatible Music Port for iPod®
- Display: ClearView™ Backlit Display
- Cooling Fan: CoolAire™ Workout Fan
- Model: Epic EL 2980 Elliptical (EPEL69908)
- Maximum User Capacity: 350 lbs
- 1 Year: Parts & Labor